Wednesday, April 12, 2017

11 April

Yesterday was Granny's 3rd death anniversary.

I'd popped by Holy Family Church on Sunday to say some prayers for her, as well as for the family.

Nadya was at my inlaw's place so only K and Alyssa came along with me. The little girl was so in awe of the stained glass feature in the main church hall. I was glad that she was generally quite well-behaved too. I explained to her that we were there to say our prayers for Ah-Chor (great-granny in Hokkien). She nodded. Though I don't think she understood half of what I said.

Adrian and my parents went to the Marina Pier to pay their respects on Tues, the actual day of her death anniversary. I couldn't make it as I had a team meeting that morning and I couldn't take leave.

Why Marina Pier?

Because that's where we took the boat out to release her ashes into the sea......

I still tear when I think of her. Though I have to admit, I don't get much time to think of her these days. Not with the 2 little girls running around.

I hope Granny, Ipoh, Tuanku and their parents are having fun up there. Maybe playing mahjong and chewing on nonya kueh.

God bless her. RIP Granny....
Or in our family's Peranakan patois, RIP Mama....

No comments: