Monday, November 06, 2017

Dad

My Dad's turning 75 in 2 weeks' time.

It doesn't quite hit me yet that he's of that age till I wrote it down. Our parents are really getting older...I'm glad they are still relatively mobile and independent.

He's getting old. But his bad temper is still there. Obstinate like an ox at times. Feisty and crabby too. He may throw a fit and complain till the cows come home but at the end of the day, he will usually still reluctantly give in to my mum if she is persistent enough.

The one thing that turns him into mush is probably his 2 grand-daughters hahahha.

Mum & Dad argued on the phone yesterday. We were having 3-way conversation and he slammed the phone down on the both of us. He's never done that before and while it didn't really surprise me, I was still a little taken back that he'd felt so strongly about the whether to buy a new fridge for their home or not.

Anyway....I'm hoping the both of them will work out something. As they've had for the last 40-odd years :)

No comments: