There was a gathering at that time but I didn't attend it as I was in my last few weeks of pregnancy.
Someone revived the chat this morning. To inform the rest of us that an ex-classmate's mother had passed on. Details of the wake were also shared and we were encouraged to send in messages of support and love to the chat. Someone suggested pooling funds and sending a wreath to the wake.
I don't mean to be mean but....
- When the initial message came in to notify us that so-and-so's mum had passed on, I was wondering who that so-and-so was. I simply couldn't recall that classmate at all. When I finally remembered roughly who she was, I couldn't put a face to the name.
- I've not seen nor spoken to that classmate for 25 years. After we went our separate ways after the PSLE, I did not keep in touch much with my classmates...
- I don't think I would (i) contribute anything to the wreath or the wake, and (ii) drop by the wake.
While she shared maybe 2-3 years of primary school life with me, she was not part of my life for the next and more important 25 years and I don't think we would reconnect anytime soon too....
To my P6 ex-classmate:
I'm sorry for your loss...My deepest condolences to you and your family. I hope your father is taking it well too. It sounds cliched but it's true, time does wash away some of the pain so take heart. Jiayou.
No comments:
Post a Comment