Spent some time this morning with some of my plants
Water Jasmine/Water Plum Bonsai
Happy with how this fella's turning out. It's come a long way, having survived an attack of mealy bugs a year ago and spider mites maybe 6mths ago. Earlier this year it starting shedding leaves quite vigorously and I got quite worried when it looked quite bald and weak at some point.
I've been feeding it with organic compost every 1.5 - 2 mths in recent months and it seems to be doing alot better. Greener leaves, many new shoots and flower buds. I hope it stays this way and stays healthy too.
Airplants
The xerographica looked quite dormant and wasn't growing much. Gave it a soak a couple of days ago. It was supposed to be just a 30mins - 1hr soak but laoniang's bird-brain forgot about it and it stayed in the tub for a couple of hours instead. I was worried it would get too water logged or something but it turned out still okay. In fact, its younger leaves seem to have an extra spring and zest to them these 2 days. Maybe the extra long soak did it well haha...:)
The druids and ionanthas with babies are all doing well. One of the caput medusaes spiked for at least 1.5 - 2mths before it finally flowered. The spike turned a very bright shade of red before the flowers started appearing. Several blooms, which popped out one after another with a few days in between...there were 5 flowers so far....so that means the flowering took place over maybe 3 weeks or so....coupled with the spiking, the whole process took almost 2.5 to 3 months...wah....I'm anticipating a pup to pop out soon...hopefully it does "give birth" to a pup!
The tiniest baby which ST gave me for my birthday last year has outgrown its terrarium home. Its leaves were starting to curl a little due to the limited space it was in. I've brought it out to be in the wider open space with its other siblings now...hopefully its leaves will grow into a nicer shape again.
Ficus Ginseng Bonsai
This little one is not so little anymore. I'm proud of it! Its leaves are pretty lush now and looking green and fresh! It wasn't doing very well in its first year and was extremely bald and shrivelled at one point. But it has since flourished after I had an epiphany and started feeding it with organic compost once every 1.5 to 2mths or so. :) This is the very first bonsai I created and it holds a special place in my heart. So far....it's the only one I created and managed to survive haha...I'm not even sure if I created it correctly as a bonsai plant but oh well....noob here. ;p Just mighty happy that it's doing well enough...and looking plump and happy again.
No comments:
Post a Comment