Sunday, May 16, 2021

13 May little adventure

Alyssa requested to take the train and bus one day and we thought it would be a good idea too since the girls are usually chauffeured around in cars. Only when K goes on reservist once a year or when the car is out for servicing then they'd get the chance to take the bus or taxi. 

We scheduled this little trip on Hari Raya morning. Walked down our lorong and took a bus to Paya Lebar Square, had breakfast at Mac and then took the train from Paya Lebar to City Hall. From City Hall, we explored on foot in the hot hot sun and visited the Civilian War Memorial. From there we crossed an underpass to get to Esplanade Park and we saw the Padang, Tan Kim Seng Fountain and the Cenotaph. We stumbled upon a small playground there and let the girls run around abit. I caught my breath there for awhile. 

We then turned back and took an underpass that connected to Citylink mall and ended up at Tim Ho Wan for a light lunch. I think it's been a good 10yrs since I've stepped into Citylink. Ever since my workplace shifted from Suntec to Pasir Panjang, I've not really been to that area. It used to be my "playground" lol and I hung around Bugis, City Hall, and Suntec so much. I was in awe of the changes there. 

I think the girls had a good time that day....and I am thankful for that. 

==========
On a separate note, I am thankful that I did well enough that day. I would have freaked out if I were to do that trip alone. K and the girls were with me and that alone gave me much strength and comfort. 

I still had some jitters though. It was pretty manageable when taking the bus, and I was ok till we got to Paya Lebar MRT station. The sudden throngs of people milling around just outside the station and the people walking around within the station did get to me. Slight sensory overload with the noise and chatter and comings and goings.  I kept my eyes mostly on the ground and focused on the girls...In my mind was a constant reminder to "Breathe. It's ok. You can do this. Focus on the girls. Breathe. K is with you." It got better on the train and thereafter things were pretty manageable. 

It was a good "challenge" for myself that day...both in terms of taking public transport and walking around outside...

No comments: