Saw the neuro doc on 15 Nov. Given the all clear.
Nothing funky happening in my brain. No recurrence, which is good. He mentioned I need not have an MRI or CT scan for the next 5-10 years at least, or more if I am comfortable with not doing anything. Happy to hear this.
After 15 years though, the surgical site is still sensitive. Doc said it was normal. Some folks are more sensitive, some less, some end up having that area numb most of the time. We'll all just have to live with it.
So I guess, I still can't lie down on my right side. I still can't brush my hair and touch my scalp in that area. And I still have to remember not to rub too vigorously on that side when I shampoo my hair.
Other than these small inconveniences, my brain (or my "coconut" as my original neuro surgeon put it)....is all good!
And I thought it was nice of this current neuro doc. He told me: "Don't let this hold you back from anything." So sweet and thoughtful...
No comments:
Post a Comment