Tuesday, December 14, 2021

My plants!!

Wrightia Religiosa
Aka Water Jasmine. Aka 水梅.

I made 2 cuttings from the bonsai over the last weekend. 

I hope they both survive. One is a pure cutting and the other was hived off a section of a root it sprung out from. The latter cutting has some small roots to begin with and I have higher hopes for it. Strangely though, it seems to be doing worse than the other cutting. :(

Some online articles say it takes 6 weeks for a water jasmine cutting to root, others say shorter....Whoever is right...I still need to wait at least a month or more. 

===============
Shopping
I went a little trigger happy and ended up with 4 pots now on their way to me from China. 2 are Nordic style concrete looking ones (and maybe alot less functional but what the heck haha). And the other 2 are somewhat bonsai style pots. I'd prefer simpler plain and glazed ones but somehow ended up with those. 

Shipping was only available by ship so...........the pots will take their time and bob over the sea to me.....I think they'll only arrive in 6 weeks?

===============
Bonsai
Been on a bonsai roll again and am now quite gian to order some plants to make my own bonsai again. Maybe another 2 pots?

The ficus ginseng I did 2 years back will probably be laughed at by a bonsai expert...but oh well...I'm just a noob experimenting haha. At least the plant didn't die and it's thriving with aerial roots appearing recently. So happy to see those aerial roots. Protecting them with straws for the moment, a hack I chanced upon online. I hope they grow strong enough to root into the soil. 

===============
Indian Borage
I had 5 or 6 pots I think. Left one downstairs in the common garden a few months back. (It's still there but getting super unruly). Threw one pot away last Friday. Trimmed back 4 pots to tiny shoots only 2 or 3 inches high. They were getting unruly and had branches growing 40cm tall or drooping down and getting long and scraggly. I couldn't stand the messiness and did some heavy heavy pruning. 


No comments: