Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Plants again!

Sort of came to a conclusion that the only plants that seem to thrive under my care (or lack of) are the 

  • Various airplants I have
  • Indian Borage
  • Aloe Vera
  • Byrophyllum
The aloes are spring up babies here there everywhere. I went from 2 pots to almost 10 pots at some point. Till I got sick of them and threw a bunch away. I also stopped retrieving the babies and repotting them because.....no space. 

The byrophyllum is another 打不死 plant. Self-propagating with no need to look after. It multiplies like nobody's business and I'd probably have hundreds of them by now. I saw people selling them on shopee for $2 a small pot. I was thinking if I dilligently looked after them and collected all the baby sprouts and sold them, I'd probably be at least $1,000 richer by now. Haha.

The Tillandsias are doing well.
The Caput Medusae I bought online last year spiked earlier this year. I left the spike on but realised the plant would not birth if I left the spike as it was. The plant was using up energy to maintain the spike instead of diverting that energy to birth a pup. I hardened my heart and chopped off the spike and voila.....a pup really appeared within a few weeks. So happy! The pup has been growing steadily and at a fast rate too. The mum expended alot of energy though and is starting to shrivel a little. 

The Xerographica is doing alright and growing longer tendrils. Happy and no qualms about how it's doing!

No comments: