Wednesday, December 08, 2021

Pls germinate!

Been holding off for quite awhile. But with a recent revival of my interest in bonsai, I've finally sown some seeds collected from the Water Jasmine 2 years back. 

I hope the seeds are still ok and I hope at least some of them germinate. I planted 8 of them. Fingers crossed that this noob gets at least 1 sprouting from the 8. 

If I had planted them right after collection 2 years back, who knows, I might have a seedling (or two) worthy of repotting into a bonsai pot by now. 

I've been toying with the idea of digging up a small Water Jasmine plant from the park near my place. But then I'd probably be "damaging" public property. There's no way I can do it in the dark of night as I'd need a torch to see whatever it is I am digging and then someone would see me. There's no way I can do it in broad daylight...someone would spot me too and then I'd appear in a photo sent to NEA or NParks or something. I'd tried to cultivate cuttings from my original plant but to no avail....

So I can only hope the seeds germinate...lol. 

 

No comments: