Wednesday, January 05, 2022

Bienvenue 2022

As usual, 2021 went by in a jiffy. 

2021 felt more stable compared to 2020 though as we were all more or less settled into school and work-from-home routines already and I also started the year being at least 3 months into my new job role. 

While there were some frustrating and sometimes anxiety-inducing lows, there were fulfiling highs as well. 

I am thankful for the good stuff:

  1. Happy to have spent time with the girls here and there. I quite enjoyed those months when we weren't allowed to visit others, as meals were at home and we could do stuff together. Though I have to be frank too and admit that there were times when I needed some peace and quiet alone time lol. 
  2. Glad that my parents and in-laws are generally doing well. Old age ailments plague my parents here and there but nothing too serious and they also managed to go on at least 3 to 4 cruise trips. Glad they've also managed to keep in contact with their friends. 
  3. As we settled into working from home, I'm thankful to be "colleagues" with K at home haha. At least we get to lunch together sometimes and on several occasions we settled errands and groceries together too during lunch.
  4.  One long-drawn 2.5year project finally concluded! Other to-do items brough over from past years have slowly been cleared off too!
  5. While managing the team brings frustration and exasperation at times, I'm still glad that some team members are very willing & able to work hard and produce good work. Thankful to have heard from an external source that I was put up for promotion by my bosses, though it was eventually rejected by the biggest lady boss who wanted more time to observe. I'm glad to be considered and also glad for it to have been put on hold. I don't hanker for and I don't need a promotion right now. Don't feel I am up to the mark yet. 
  6. Managed to dabble in various hobbies from gardening to word search and sudoku puzzles. Managed to explore brush calligraphy a little and even learnt some basic Korean on my own through Coursera. Didn't manage to continue with the Korean or brush calligraphy though due to lack of time. 
  7. Glad I kept up with close friends and also managed to meet up with some of them like Ally + PQ, ET, KH, SP + J, etc...
May 2022 bring an abundance of good stuff to the girls, K and I. May we stay blessed, happy and healthy always. Onwards and upwards!! Yeah!

No comments: