Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Reminder to Self

Be more open and 大气, especially to someone whom you already have a small bias against. 
Had a short conversation with a staff from my team and I was irked within a short span of time. Tried to remain neutral and I hope my tone did not show any annoyance. 


Staff E: How are you Michelle after your jab?

Me: I'm ok, had borderline fever yesterday so took Panadol and had a short nap to sleep it off. 

Staff E: Oh? You took Panadol?! *sounding incredulous & surprised*

Me: Ya, why?

StaffE: Oh I didn't take it even though I had fever!

Me: ok...mm...

StaffE: I read somewhere that if you have fever after the jab, try not to take Panadol. This will allow your body to really fight and boost up your immunity after the jab. So I tried to tahan and did not take any. 

Me: I see ok...though just take note that not everything you read online is true or scientifically proven. 

StaffE: Ya, but many people said this. I also have a friend who is a nurse who did not take Panadol even though she had a fever after her jab. That's why I tried to tahan also. 

Me: ok.....


With her, it's always "many people said this" and "I read online that" or "I did my research online and..." or..."I asked around and..." or "I heard that..." or "I did my homework and reading up and...". 

No comments: