Nadya’s going on a trip to Sydney this coming Sunday with her ballet friends and some teachers from their ballet school. It’ll be an intensive 5-day training at The McDonald College.
I was hesitant to let her go but we decided to go ahead anyway. It’ll be her first time taking the plane without us, and her first time taking care of herself for a whole week (and overseas somemore!).
I pray for a safe, smooth and fruitful week for her.
I hope I didn’t
nag too much or remind too much and I hope she remembers what we’ve told her so
far:
- Stay with the group, don’t wander off on your own.
- Drink water regularly.
- Keep warm. Cover up well at night in the aircon room.
- Handle your belongings well and don’t lose things.
- Sleep on the flight there! (2am red-eye flight.)
- Make sure you get enough rest!
We just gave her a phone on Sunday evening and K gave her a crash course on how to use Whatsapp, how to connect to WIFI, how to check her email, how to call using various methods, etc.
I know this is an invaluable experience for her and I am excited for her….
At the same
time, I am also worried and apprehensive.
I hope she doesn’t have to catch up too much on homework and studies when she gets back from Sydney after a whole week there.
Fingers crossed.
Laundry &
ironing will probably be madness too when she gets back (including having to
handwash 3 sets of ballet leotards & tights) lol…
No comments:
Post a Comment