The boss treated me to a proper lunch yesterday.. haha we went to vivo city...
I've forgotten the name of the restaurant already...but it's the funny looking restaurant next to Tung Lok's Signatures.
The main course of Grilled Garoupa was way too mediocre though.
But the escargot appetiser was quite well done.
Went with him to Watsons after that cos he needed to get toner for his face..
*faint* I've never done this with a male boss before ...cone to think of it, not even my female bosses... haha
I toured the other aisles while he took his time discussing skin textures & skin elasticities and dunno what else with the sales promoter.
I happened upon a guy whose back was facing me. He was staring hard a few shelves.
"Must be trying to figure out which brand to buy" I thought.
He took a box hurriedly and then whirled around to head for the cashier. Needless to say I was in his path and he seemed mighty embarrassed.
Haha no wonder...through his fingers holding the box, the letters D-U-R-E-X screamed out loud in white against the stark black background of the box.
Aiyah...so embarrassed for what? Liberal world, liberal society. haha...
Quite a clean cut, well-dressed, good looking young chap. Too fair & too short though.. hehe...=p
Anyway, it was a long lunch out with the boss. Went back to the office close to 3.5 hours later...
Spent the next few hours doing a rushed handover, sending out a goodbye email to everyone...and well..doing an exit interview with my HR manager.
I love the way she speaks. Not so much in the way she projects her voice or the way she pronounces her words or even the nuances of her voice. Nothing of that sort.
What I mean is I love the way she is able to translate every single thought of hers into comprehensable words & phrases.
Not everyone has the ability to do that. And to speak to one who can do that just leaves me listening with rapt admiration. Haha...It is quite interesting how she can juxtapose every line of complex thought, lay it bare in front of you and make you understand it like as if it were as simple as the alphabet..
It was also during the exit interview that I felt the tremors. Felt it only for a short few seconds though.
I thought it was my chair that was being wobbly...My HR manager didn't even feel a thing!
Hahaa...
Anyway, left Temasek Tower at 8plus..got home late around 9plus..
And then cooked my fav soba...yum..=)
No comments:
Post a Comment