It’s been an emotional few weeks. There’ll be stuff I won’t mention.
And then there are the stuff which everyone feels in one way or another but some won’t take the effort to rectify things. Maybe ‘rectify’ is a wrong word to use. ‘Improve’ might be a better choice.
I’ve known Ally & PQ for like 15 years. We friggin like grew up together, explored fashion and cosmetics together, studied together, hung out together, pontang together, yada yada...And then the usual thing happens: we grow up, we go to different schools, we develop different perspectives and priorities in life, we end up in very different environments, we get to know new people and make new friends, we start working in different places, you get the drift…
Things change, people change. And I guess, it did dawn on me that I was a piece of plywood which broke off from the main pile and I was being carried away by the currents. But the grey matter I carry in my head doesn’t seem to work well in such situations. I didn’t really know what to do and so I did what most complain queens would do. I lamented, I was frustrated, I was somewhat upset and disappointed, I was a little jaded BUT I didn’t do anything constructive about it. I just let things run on its own.
Till I received a lashing out from PQ in mid 2006. At least I think it was then. It was a miserable time, big tiff with wm, followed by tiff with PQ. But it was a wake-up call of sorts. I ‘d been too preoccupied with wm and work and other stuff..I’d neglected my best buds and well, there was no excuse for that…
But I’m glad that such ties, once there, are always there...We all just have to work harder to polish it a little here and there to keep things in tip top condition…A little more time, a little more effort here and there does make a difference.
I sent Ally an SMS yday…”Ally..luv u! I’ve never said it before...” Lol...I think she went like “huh???” cos it was so out of the blue.. haha.
I’ll endeavour yah to keep things going stronger…I will. :)
1 comment:
Haha, that was my first reaction. But I love you too Michelle!
Post a Comment