Sunday, January 17, 2010

Cheenatown!

We went to Hong Lim Complex today. :)

My yearly duty as daughter to go buy fish maw, red dates, chinese sausages, dried sea cucumber, dried scallops, white fungus, black fungus and whatever other dried goods stuff my mum needs for her CNY cooking.

There's this shop at Hong Lim which I always visit. Their goods are relatively fresh and prices are reasonable. I don't really know the name of the shop though. Teck Soon Trading I think. Haha, I know where they are situated but can't really remember its name. ;p

She asked for less things this year. Only fish maw, red dates and chinese sausages. So it was a relatively easy shopping trip.

K was having a fun time checking out all the weird and bizzare chinese herbs. He happily pointed out a pile of dried lizards which were each stretched out on a stick. Lol.

There were also some seriously odd-looking foods or herbs which we couldn't identify. There was a pile of yellowish things which looked like puffed-up scrotal sacs of some unidentified animal. Errrr.....

Popped by the 2nd floor as well to grab some CNY decorations for the house hehe...My dad's going to complain about me being too cheena again haha.

It's always fun in Chinatown. I like the place!
Lots of interesting things to see hahhaa. Maybe I'll drag him down there again on another day. :)

No comments: