Monday, January 25, 2010

Toothy

Over the last few years, I've noticed that it's getting increasingly difficult just to buy a toothbrush.

Gone are the days of a toothbrush being a plastic stick, with a rectangular-looking brush at the end of it. And with the bristles being all of the same height and colour.

These days, toothbrushes come in all sorts of colour, shape, size and PRICE.

I spent a good 10 minutes staring dumbfounded at the rows of toothbrushes in front of me. I was at Watsons. And all I wanted was just to buy a toothbrush to replace my pink Oral B.

Pinky has served me well over the last year or so. I know I know. It's recommended that toothbrushes are to be changed about once every 3 months. But well, I grew attached to her. Hehe. ;p

I went to Watsons with a mission. To find a similar pink toothbrush. From Oral B preferably.

And it took me a ridiculously long 10 minutes plus just to find a reasonable toothbrush for myself.

I never knew the toothbrushes of this day and age came with so many fancy names and functions. Where have I been in the last one year???

Whitening. Sensitive. Ortho Brush. Ultra Max.

Cross-bristles. Straight bristles. Multi-coloured. Single-coloured. Round patterns. Diamond patterns. Rubber bristles. Rubber flaps. Tall bristles with shorter ones. Short bristles with taller ones. Wavy bristles.

Rubber grip with diagonal grooves. Rubber grips with circular grooves. Rubber grips with a polka-dotted rough surface.

35mm. 40mm.

Ultra soft. Medium. Hard.

$3.50. $5. $6.95. $10.95. $12.95.

Like what the hell?? So many factors to consider just to buy a toothbrush???

I just want a PINK Oral B toothbrush!!

Oh well. Alas, I could not find any pink Oral B toothbrush. And so.....I reluctantly settled for an aqua coloured toothbrush. From Oral B of course. :) $6.95.

Voila. Pinky's lying in the bin now. I bid her a solemn farewell.

I put Aqua in his new home earlier, He seems to be doing fine in the toothbrush holder. He's been introduced to my teeth, gums and tongue already. I think they'll get along pretty well. :)






No comments: