Sunday, June 20, 2010

19 June 1100pm Brussels time, 500pm SG time

Wingtips
It took me a grand total of 17 hours to reach Brussels. Including transit time.

I watched three shows on the plane:
- How to Train Your Dragon (love it)
- From Paris With Love (zzz, wonder how come John Travolta accepted this role)
- 14 Blades (I love Donnie Yen!!!)

First Impression
Brussels is not exactly a bustling place. Compared to some other cities I’ve been to, I think Brussels lacks character. But anyway, this is just the first day. Hope I’ll be able to see more of what Brussels has to offer. :)

Food
So far, I’ve tried the mussels and fries, omelette and meatballs in tomato sauce. Not too bad.

Weather
Horrid. Cloudy, windy, rainy. I forgot to bring my gloves and my umbrella.

Anecdotes
Waiter: Bon soir! Where are you from?
Me: Singapore
Waiter: Oh! Malaysia? No?
Me: No, we’re next to Malaysia.
Waiter: Oh! Your capital is Taipei. No?
Me: No. We’re a small country. In fact, we’re so small we don’t have a capital city. The whole country is the city itself.
Waiter: Oh! Ok. Enjoy your meal sil vous plait!

Shopping
Found my favourite H&M store. Managed to grab some stuff...:)
Will go back again to the same street. I saw Pimkie, Jennyfer and Bershka..Can't wait to go to these stores...

No comments: