It used to be a happy time and a happy environment. We’d all go for lunch together in a whole bunch, sometimes up to 9 or 10 of us. Joking and laughing, we’d be a rowdy bunch. That was more than a year and a half ago.
And then things took a turn. Kelvin left the company, and then Sandra and Cedric. BK was transferred to another department and then shortly after, he left the company too. And then some new people came in. Dynamics changed. People changed. Some folks had work piled up on them and couldn’t make it as often for lunch. Some others developed grudges against others and tensions grew.
These days, lunch is a chore at times. I get caught in the middle at times.
“I want to eat with you but I don’t want to see (him) around”. “I’m okay with having lunch with you but who else is coming?”
I don’t bother too much with gathering people for lunch these days. Either I pack lunch in, or I just go with one or two other girls, or I just go with one or two of my teammates.
No comments:
Post a Comment