Speaking of helping out at weddings. It's interesting how you know a person's work attitude from the way that person is during the course of helping out (or should I say not helping out).
My cousin had 6 jiemeis for her wedding. One of them's a distant relative aged 16. If she doesn't pull her weight on the actual day and doesn't really help much, I can understand. She's only 16 and doesn't really know what goes on at weddings anyway. She wasn't around much of the time and when she was around, she didn't do much.
But there was this one other jiemei. Who wasn't very responsible and had zero initiative. Let's call her W. Firstly, she came 30minutes late. And then she sat and chatted to others during the morning activities. While the rest of the jiemeis were helping out with preparations, and helping out with whatever things needed to be done, she say there chatting. Zero initiative. Zero proactiveness.
At night, she was at the reception. I'd say 40% of the time she was somewhere else except at the reception table. Her partner kept asking me where she was. I saw her chatting with another friend. Sigh. If I had her as a colleague, I'd curse everyday.
No comments:
Post a Comment