Remember one of my terrarium jars was almost destroyed by my mum when I went away for a month in December?
I'm glad to say that after 2 months of restorative work and lots of tender loving care, that jar is almost back to 100% its original state!
I removed the original plants from the jar and transplanted them into another pot. They are thriving happily now and are much less discoloured compared to mid January. They initially had dark brown stems after swimming in muddy murky water for a few weeks.
I put new shoots into the jar and they have since managed to pull through and are getting stronger already! I put in 1 stalk of green fittonia and 1 stalk of red fittonia. My red fittonias are very hardy and can survive even under harsh conditions. So the red stalk was generally doing fine.
The green stalk however was in a precarious condition for the first 1.5 months. It wasn't dying, nor was it looking strong. It just looked weak and withered. It's leaves were limp. I switched the jar around hoping to catch the right amount of sunlight and voila, one fine day about two weeks ago I found the right spot!
I came home to see the green stalk looking much much better than before. And now that green stalk is not standing straight and strong and tall. :)
May both red & green stalks grow new shoots and leaves and then my terrarium will be fully restored! :) Whee!
No comments:
Post a Comment