Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Mr ET

I met up with Eddie on Sunday since he was back in town. I was glad for the meet-up since the last time I saw him was back in end 2009. I still remember because it was the day after I ran the Standard Chartered 10km race. Lol...

I knew him back in 1999 in uni when we were schoolmates, faculty-mates, classmates, hostel-mates and then eventually Final-Year Project mates. :) So it's been a good 12 years since those days of walking to school together, bitching with each other, writing gossip notes to each other during lectures, snacking together and lending each other a shoulder to cry on....

He was there for me when I had my brain operation back in 2005. He brought me ice-cream when I was in hospital, called me up whenever he could and even visited me with his then girlfriend (now wife) when I was convalescing at home. I was there for him when he was devastated after his break-up with his girlfriend in uni, I was there when he got drunk and upset over that same girl and I was his wedding coordinator back in 2008.

Though we've been busy over the last couple of years and it has been hard to meet up, it always feels good when we do and it feels like we're back in the old times again. No awkwardness, nothing.

Am happy for him that he's doing good in his career. :) Cheers to you my friend and may everything go smoothly for you! May you start a family soon too!

No comments: