I'll spend some time on another day trying to figure this newly revamped Blogger interface out. For a first impression, I quite like it though. Spiffier, funkier, more up-to-date and the colour scheme is much nicer.
So anyway, back, to the issue at hand.
Um, I had my virgin taste of black chicken today. At K's place. The helper, under instructions from K's mum, cooked black chicken with white fungus as a soup, with no Chinese herbs if you wondering. Their family apparently likes this combination and K's Dad was happily feasting on the chicken.
I, on the other hand, have never ever had black chicken before in my entire 31+ years of existence. Mainly because my family doesn't cook it at home and those found outside are usually prepared with Chinese herbs. Plus, I find the thought of cooked black chicken quite strange.
A big bowl of soup and its accompanying ingredients was given to me during dinner. No choice.
As squeamish as I felt, I managed to take a few bites of the black chicken thigh I was given. I "donated" the rest of the meat to K.
Verdict? It tasted ok I guess. But I still felt squeamish trying it. -_-
No comments:
Post a Comment