I read with amusement at the recent news of how a man proposed to his girlfriend of 3 years. He had arranged for a flash mob just outside the Art & Science Museum at MBS. Dancing to the tune of "Marry You" by Bruno Mars, he popped the question to his girlfriend.
That guy turned out to be one of my ex-colleagues. I did not keep in touch with him since I left the organisation 5 years ago. I'd always felt he was one to love attention and drama haha. Anyway, I'm happy for Charlie and his fiance. May their union in the near future bring them much happiness and everlasting bliss.
I was thinking.
Why are marriage proposals getting so competitive these days? Seems like as if so many guys are trying to outdo each other? I had a friend who got up on stage at Timbre to sing a song and propose on stage. Another who sprinkled the whole hotel room (including the carpeted floor) with rose petals and different presents and a big bouquet of 99 roses. Another who lit candles on a grass patch spelling out the words "will you marry me". Now Charlie has upped the ante with his flash mob proposal.
The trend seems to be going on elsewhere in the world as well. I've noticed that in recent years you start seeing more and more photos and videos of dramatic proposals being circulated on the net.
Then again, where there's demand, there's supply. Are these men going to such lengths because their other halves are asking for it?
Whatever happened to the good old "down on one knee-will you marry me" type of simple proposal?
Or maybe it's just me who doesn't need the theatrics.
No comments:
Post a Comment