Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A leopard never changes its spots

I have an ex-colleague who has the habit of giving last minute excuses and not turning up for gatherings.

Nevertheless, I still invited him to my wedding last year and was extremely peeved when he did not turn up at the last minute even though he had told me he "would definitely be there". He did not even have the decency to inform me and only wrapped a cursory angpow which he got another ex-colleague to drop into my angpow box. He left me with an empty seat at the table. Nary a squeak from him. Is even an SMS so difficult to send out to inform me that you can't come? I thought that was very irresponsible of him.

When another ex-colleague was preparing for her wedding (which happened to be last Saturday), she asked me if she should invite him. I told her my reservations about doing so and cited the numerous instances he'd bailed out on us at the last minute. She said she'd give it a thought but eventually, she still invited him. "Paiseh to invite his good friend and not him...." she told me.

And what do you know?

He did exactly the same thing to her as he did to me.

No comments: