Sunday, May 19, 2013

Transport Woes

#1. Massive jam on ECP last evening. What should have been a 10-15 mins journey turned into an hour long crawl from Kembangan to the Big Splash. Didn't help that I was feeling unwell and had cold sweaty palms throughout the whole hour. The taxi uncle was nice though and even apologized for making me go through the long journey. The care should have just been less than $10. It ended up being $22. 

#2. Loads of empty cabs this morning but none were willing to stop. I've heard of cabs ostracizing preggies but I'm not even showing that much so that can't be the reason why they didn't stop. Eventually a nice uncle stopped for me, 20mins after I started waiting for one. Looking on the bright side, after baking for a good whole 20mins directly under the bright sun, I think I manufactured enough Vitamin D to last me the entire week. 

No comments: