I took a cab and swung by to pick up K yesterday afternoon. Before reaching K's office, I'd engaged in conversation with the cab uncle. It was just mundane friendly small talk.
When K got on, I spoke to K instead. We soon reached our destination and I bid the uncle a friendly goodbye and wished him that his two kids would grow up well and obedient.
K asked how come I was so friendly to that uncle.
I don't know really. I am friendly to all cab uncles unless I feel they have done something wrong.
I open myself up to people who open themselves up to others. If I can be friendly and make someone comfortable, why not? Every smile you receive makes you feel happier too right? :)
Every little bit counts. A small positive gesture can create bigger positive ripples.
So for every smile that you receive, pass it on. It'll make the world a nicer place.
No comments:
Post a Comment