Just met Selin's husband, G, earlier on during lunch. G had come by my office area to attend a briefing.
Heard a piece of sad news. They had just come back from New Zealand, from visiting his sister who was in hospital there. She had gotten into a car accident while on holiday there.
Unfortunately, she was very badly injured. Her lower spine was crushed and the prognosis is not good. She will likely be paralysed from the waist down. She's been in hospital for almost a month already and will still be there for another 2 to 3 months. Her mother is now staying there with her and looking after her.
It will be a tough time for G's sister. I hope she stays strong. I heard she is an outgoing person and is now in a rather depressed mood. I don't know her personally but I sincerely hope she gets her spirits up again soon. It helps in the recovery and healing process.
Life has its way of working things out. I hope she regains her mental, emotional and physical strength in the days or months to come.
I will keep her in my prayers.
Note to self: Cherish all that you have now...and don't take anything or anybody for granted.
No comments:
Post a Comment