I've been wanting to say hi to someone whom I've seen for the longest time at my bus-stop. I see her pretty often and over time I've come to realise that she's our neighbour, 2 doors away. Through conversations with my MIL, I think she realised that I'm actually related to my MIL and hence am her neighbour too. She mentioned to my MIL that she found it awkward and didn't know how to introduce herself to me.
So it was a case of we know who each other is but each found it awkward to say hi to the other.
Finally gathered my courage today when I saw her and went up to her and introduced myself.
Took me awhile but I'm glad I did it.
When I was 18 and fresh in uni, I used to be able to do this with ease and was a relatively social person. That was how I got to know many people in my hostel. But over time, and especially after I joined this organization, I found it increasingly difficult. Not quite sure why through. Maybe I'm getting older?
Glad I found a part of myself today.
No comments:
Post a Comment