I had chanced upon a glass bowl in Daiso last year and grabbed it first, not knowing when I would have the opportunity to do up another terrarium. So now a year later and after a 2-hr effort...here's the finished product.
My greatest achievement to date in my terrarium experiments. :)
I chose to do an asymmetrical one. And it's my first time ever using 4 different varieties in a single space. Introducing them, clockwise from the top: white ficus sunny, white-veined fittonia, pink-tinged fittonia and Christmas moss as the ground over.
Am thinking of whether to add a top layer of stones but I'll hold on for awhile. Let it all settle down first then see how.
I've seen smaller and much simpler creations selling for $30. I think this one might have a retail price tag of up to $60 or more? I did a quick calculation and estimated my cost to be about $28. And that's because I didn't get my things at wholesale price. Imagine how much those flower shops are earning....
I've never taken care of moss and ficus sunny before. I hope this pot does well and survives!
Meanwhile it's sitting prettily on our desk at home. :)
Credits: big thanks to K for looking after the little girl on his own while I took "time off" to indulge myself in this long-forgotten hobby ;p

No comments:
Post a Comment