Oh dear. I seem to have developed lip eczema. And I have no idea why.
The doc I saw on 4 July told me I likely had an allergic reaction to whatever stuff I was putting on my lips. His words were "Aiyah you ladies put so much chemicals on your faces! I always see such cases. Eczema on lips and face. Always women!"
I admit, I have many many tubes of lipbalms. Various types. Lip balm and lip gloss. That's because I cannot do without them (I have lips that are quite dry). And that's also because I tend to misplace them so I usually have different tubes on hand in different places. 1 in my bag, 1 in my home cupboard, 1 in my office drawer, 1 in little baby's diaper bag, and 1 more on standby in case I misplace any of the others aforementioned. That's 5 tubes.
I've already stopped using any of them and bought a new one from Vaseline that helps with chapped lips.
I was put on medication and told to apply some ointment on the affected area of my lip (upper lip by the way). It helped and after 2-3 days, the red patches disappeared by up to 95%.
To my horror, on the Saturday afternoon just past, only a week after the initial consultation with the doctor, the stubborn red patch on the left side of my upper lip flared up again. And the skin on that patch is starting to scale too.
For the last few meals I had, the patch started to tingle after I ate. I feel as if the skin there is developing a life of its own.
Feeling a little "uglified". Go away red patch!
KH told me she developed something similar a few years ago and that her lip eczema flares up every now and then if she takes food which is too spicy or does not drink enough water. She told me to try skipping spicy food.
Gosh...I need my curry and spice from time to time leh....how ah? :(
No comments:
Post a Comment