Monday, October 20, 2014

The Little Sleeping Beauty

Little Baby had only slept for 30minutes late yesterday morning at 11-plus when she woke up crying and screaming. Maybe a bad dream had disrupted her sleep, maybe a car downstairs has honked, I don't know.

I picked her up from her cot, soothed her and she fell asleep again in my arms, with her head on my chest.

I sat down on our living room couch, arranged a pillow behind my lower back for support and sat there holding the sleeping her.

She stirred from time to time, flipping her head from left to right or shifting her head a little in her sleep. And all the time she was sleeping while lying on me. Her head was either on my chest, or on my belly.

Mummy must be a nice pillow, for she continued sleeping....for the next 3 hours. (Thank God I had a quick lunch before this!)

There was a point in time when her cheeks looked so chubby and squashed against my chest that she resembled a hamster. And another point in time when she heaved a contented baby sigh. (Oh what a lovely sound that was!) And another point in time when she held on tightly to my arm instead of holding onto her bolster (which she was initially holding). And another point in time when the fingers of one of her hands held onto my index finger tightly.And another point in time when she woke briefly and opened her eyes, surveyed her surroundings, discovered that she was sleeping on me and then decided to continue sleeping somemore.

I'll treasure these times dearly and keep these memories with me forever.
For I can only experience these now when she's at this age when this is still possible.....

No comments: