I was a little disappointed yesterday evening.
I scooted off from work 40mins earlier, without telling my boss, because I wanted to get back to my inlaws' place earlier so I could bring the little girl back home to spend more time with her.
I was happy when leaving their place at 7pm. I thought to myself "This is great! I'll get to spend at least an hour or more with her before she falls asleep."
My happiness lasted all of 10mins. She got cranky in the car on the journey back home, rubbed her eyes furiously and alternated between bouts of screaming and kicking and of tenderly laying her head on my shoulder to attempt to sleep.
When FIL dropped me off at the carpark, she was already hugging me, with her head on my left shoulder and falling asleep.
By the time I got upstairs to the apartment, it was 712pm. And she was half asleep.
By 7:15pm, she was in her bed hugging her favourite bolster and snoozing, with little sighs emanating from her from time to time.
Bleah, so in the end, I didn't get to spend time with her afterall.
The good thing was that she slept for 11 hours straight without waking, except for a brief 10 mins when I woke her slightly to feed her milk.
A miracle in itself. She's never done that before I think!
No comments:
Post a Comment