I did it again.
It was raining this morning, a heavy drizzle, when I got off my bus and walked to my office building. When I stopped at a traffic junction, everyone else there had their own umbrellas, except one Indian man. He was wearing a Fujitec polo T-shirt and I assumed he was working for them, perhaps as an engineer or technician.
I noticed him and wanted to offer to shelter him under my umbrella, at least for that one or two minutes while waiting for the green man to come on so we could all cross the road.
I hesitated, unsure of how to approach the man. I took a step towards him and hesitated somemore.
I sort of chickened out and by the time I came to that conclusion, the green man had already come on and the man was already preparing to run across the junction.
So there, I chickened out again. Not the first time this has happened, probably the second or third time and I still can't find the guts to approach someone to offer help.
Is it the way I was brought up? The way I was taught to mind my own business?
Is it my own personality? That shyness and hesitance and timidness?
How to have personal breakthroughs when I hold myself back and am so timid?
K would have probably said to me "Just do it."
No comments:
Post a Comment