K and I love our food. And we definitely hope to transfer some, if not most of that love for food, to Little Baby.
She is unfortunately cutting her teeth quite late. She has only 6 teeth now, at the age of almost 20 months. While she is able to chew with her gums, she is rejecting all types of meat and fish when she is eating outside of school. Her teacher says she is probably eating these things in school because of peer pressure. The rest of the other kids eat their meat and fish and hence she does so as well.
But she spits them out when they are given to her outside of school. Bleah.
Anyway, we make do with other types of food...and I've been racking my brains out about what to feed her so that she at least gets enough nutrition for growth and development. Glad to say I've so far survived several months or cooking various types of food for her....
Ranging from rice with various soups or stews....to pasta with homemade minestrone....to linguine with chicken soup...to fried rice....to fried noodles....to mee sua with vegetable and pork stew....
I am happy with all of my soups and stews and I am also very happy that she likes them too. Vegetable stews of various combinations, beancurd skin/tofu/egg soups, chicken soups, winter melon soups, tomato soups, you name it....
I am fast running out of ideas though for what other meals I can make....googling hasn't helped much.
She doesn't seem to like mashed potato so shepherd's pie is out....I hope to try macaroni and cheese soon....
Maybe I should explore pizza? Since she likes tomato-stuff.....
Hmm........
No comments:
Post a Comment