Wednesday, June 03, 2015

Oh well...

The other day, both senior and junior ultrasound technicians said there's an 80% chance Peanut is a girl.

When some colleagues subsequently ask me about Peanut's gender, I tell them the same news I received. I am not prepared for their reactions though.

90% of the reactions I get are either (i) disappointed looks, (ii) concerned looks followed by people asking if I am ok, or (iii) an outright "aiyah wasted!".And then all will finish up by saying something like.....ok lah, girl is also good, will be filial, anyway can try again.

I'm like ??!!

While having a girl and a boy makes a nice balance, I am equally happy having another girl. It is my child as well, borne out of me, a companion and best friend for Nadya, and a priceless result of the union between K and I, our flesh and blood.

I am somewhat a little indignant as well.

Who are you to give such a reaction straight in my face? Who are you to determine if I should prefer a boy or a girl for my second child? And who are you to assume that I wanted a boy?

By all these reactions, it seems to be like as if people still prefer having a boy compared to a girl?

pfffftttt.

No comments: