Monday, June 08, 2015

Worry-wart

The bigger Little Baby gets, the more I am aware that I am getting older.
The older I get, the more I am aware that my parents are also getting on in years.

My Dad is turning 73 this November.

When I found out that he was going to attend the SEA Games Opening Ceremony together with my brother on Friday evening and that they were taking public transport there, I got worried and many questions flooded my mind.

Would he be able to withstand the (possibly) long hours of walking or queueing to get into the stadium?
Tens of thousands of people would be there, would it get too chaotic/warm/humid for him?
Transport to the venue shouldn't be an issue, but the transport home? Would he have trouble getting out of the stadium? Would he have trouble getting a seat on the train? Would he get too tired and breathless?
What if it was already very late by the time he got out of the stadium? Would he have to stand and wait very long to get onto a train?


I am a worry-wart. My mother as well.
I remember exchanging texts with my mother on the above questions.
Mother and daughter with furrowed brows.

At the end of the day......our worries were for naught....

Dad not only enjoyed himself alot. But he got home at 11:15pm, way earlier than I expected. He even managed a 3km walk with Adrian from the stadium to the Kallang MRT station instead of taking the train at Stadium MRT station on the Circle line, because he figured it would make more sense to take a straight train home than have to change trains somewhere along the Circle Line.

Ah, my Dad....ever young at heart. Ever energetic and excited.
An avid sportsman in his youth. I am glad to see his enthusiasm and adrenaline still going strong after all these years.

No comments: