I think I have not handled 2015 very well so far.
The early months were spent grappling with getting a rhythm in our lives in our own home and figuring out how to engage Little Baby more in her meals and development. Weekends were spent cooking and doing chores and looking after Little Baby. It did not feel to me like as if we had much freedom or social life.
And then later on, it seemed to me that I spent most of my time just trying to keep my head afloat and above water. Frantic paddling of feet underneath the water's surface. Juggling work, Little Baby and a burgeoning belly. It did not help that for the period of April, May, June and July, she fell sick once a month. I used up quite abit of both my annual leave and childcare leave during this time.
Then there was the period from May till July when I was trying to settle issues related to getting a helper in and then doing onboarding for her.
Plus my medical check-ups every now and then. zzz.
If 2014 had its challenges, then 2015 is somewhat comparable too haha.
There are definitely also good and happy times.
Just wondering what can be done to revamp our humdrum lifestyle a little so we can inject abit more fun and excitement into it. Glad we did things like bring her to the beach and eat breakfast at Starbucks at ECP haha. And glad we brought her out for brunch at The Bank a few months back too.
Of course, maybe any changes to be tried and implemented could only come after Peanut is out and after I have recovered from my csec.
Food for thought.
Food for thought.
No comments:
Post a Comment