Had trouble swallowing yesterday morning. Throat felt like it had a lump in it. Felt like this since Tuesday night.
Went to work on Wed morning, took a bite of my breakfast, and felt that sensation again. Food also took longer to go down the food pipe and I had to keep drinking water to make it go down. I felt a little gagging and also some nausea. Ended up going to a GP, who referred me to CGH's AnE (yes, AnE again). AnE doc said it didn't seem like anything was wrong or in urgent need to fix and so she referred me to the ENT doc.
ENT doc stuck a scope through my nose down to the throat and finally said....I had acid reflux. Said the acid was causing my throat to be irritated and due to the irritation, it feels like there's a lump in my throat. The esophagus was also irritated, which was why I could feel the food going down slowly as well. Like as if the food was getting stuck.
Was prescribed 3 months worth of Omeprazole to control the acid production. I've not decided whether to take the full 3 months...but I'll take it for at least 1-2 weeks...to quell the stomach hopefully.
After not eating much for the entire day on Wednesday, I weighed myself this morning and realised I lost a whole kg. Eating much better today...maybe the medicine is working to reduce the acid...
There is still some nausea and bloating (which I read online are also symptoms of acid reflux) here and there...which I hope can clear up in the next few days..
Doc said...to skip spicy stuff, caffeinated foods/drinks, citrus stuff, and oily stuff....Read online that chocolates, garlic and onions cause acid reflux issues to be worse also...sigh...
Need to eat clean clean clean...................................
No comments:
Post a Comment