Tuesday, January 29, 2019

BBC? Discovery Channel? Animal Planet?

In the recent 3 or 4 days, the girls and I have taken to talking about a few animals each night before they go to sleep.

In a bid to distract them from always asking me to show them cartoon videos before bed, and in a bid to minimise the crying and or fussing when I reject them, I tried this out and it surprisingly worked! I hope this becomes the new norm. Sure beats dealing with fussy and crying girls before bedtime haha.

I'd show them pictures of the animals we were talking about that night, and then share with them whatever information I knew of those animals. Depending on their level of interest, I sometimes dwell longer on some animals than others. The girls would also ask questions. Some are good questions actually. Good sensible questions that I didn't expect them to ask. For example, Alyssa asked me how to zebras drink water and whether they had to spread their front legs wider to reach the water like how giraffes did.

I kind of feel a little like a BBC channel or a Discovery channel or Animal Planet on legs haha. I hope they learn from these sessions

So far....we've covered the following animals:

  1. polar bears
  2. lions
  3. tigers
  4. cheetahs
  5. leopards
  6. wolves
  7. foxes
  8. flamingoes
  9. baby owls (Alyssa specifically requested for baby owls and not the adult ones haha)
  10. seals
  11. walruses
  12. giraffes
  13. pandas
  14. red pandas
  15. swans
  16. shetland ponies

Let's see....what animals should we do tonight...gorillas? eagles? hyenas? 

No comments: