Realised that the girls always draw these things....
Nadya
- girls or princesses
- unicorns
- rainbows
- sun
- cheetahs or other animals
Alyssa
- house (usually one big one)
- turtle
- chick
- sun
- people with happy or angry faces (depending on what situation they are in)
Last Sunday, Alyssa drew an elaborate drawing and it had an "environmental" theme to it. She drew a big house in the ocean, followed by a big turtle near the house. She asked for my help to draw 2 sharks with open mouths, then she drew plastic bags in front of the sharks' mouths. She said they ate the plastic bags and died. She rubbed away the big eyes I drew for the sharks and put big Xs for their eyes instead.
She then said the turtle was alive and well because it did not eat the plastic bags. It had actually got tangled up the plastic bag but someone (don't know who) helped it and now the turtle was ok and staying near the house.
She also drew plants in the ocean and a big sun over everything.
I thought it was quite a meaningful picture and rather "cheem" and mature for a 4yr-old. I know she felt quite sad for turtles when her teacher taught them about global warming and about not throwing waste into the oceans. And she talks about it occasionally. But I didn't know the impression on her was so deep that it has lasted her till now...more than 6 months later...
No comments:
Post a Comment