I fell out of listening to Mandopop sometime in 2010/2011 and even more so after I shifted out of my parents' place in 2012.
After listening to a playlist this morning hwile working....I've come to realise many of the Mandopop songs of my era evoke a strange bitterweet feeling in me. Myriad emotions.
Sadness. Happiness. Good memories. Bad memories. Hurtful memories. Sweet memories. Nostalgia. My life from 2000 to 2010. Bits and pieces from that decade suddenly flood my mind. Mostly from the mid 2000-s. Friends who are no longer in my circle but who were once a big part of my life and who I saw everyday or every weekend. Those carefree days. The underlying sentimental notes. The angst and confusion I felt in that stage of life. The clubbing. The medical checkups. The medication for 1.5years. The travelling. The coming of age. The bravado I had. The confidence and also lack of. The energy. The zest. The socials.
Thankful for my parents who have been a constant. And the friends who are constants too.
I should stop living in the past? Hmm.
Who's on this morning?
Sun Yan Zi
Xu Shao Yang
May Day
David Tao
Zhou Hui
Fish Leong
Xu Shao Han
Elva Hsiao
SHE
Jolin Tsai
Tao Jing Ying
Faye Wong
Jay Chou
Tanya Chua
No comments:
Post a Comment