Fascinating how our 5 senses work....sight, touch, taste, hearing and smell...
Doubly fascinating how just one small whiff of a passing fragrance evoked some memories in me this morning. Walked past a guy who was using CK One.
And it immediately transported me back to 2002. A long forgotten memory. But it was of an interesting and fun and exciting time.
Of when I had just graduated from NTU and was working as a management trainee in a mens' clothing retailer. (side note, I was more like a high-class salesgirl actually). A colleague and I were stationed at the Takashimaya department store where our line had a small area in the mens' clothing section. Right next to us was a Calvin Klein fragrances pop-up, it was manned by 2 young boys daily and the 4 of us grew quite close since there wasn't much customers to begin with.
Some harmless flirting here and there. One of the boys (who was 3 years younger and looked like Zai Zai from F4) had a crush on me and sometimes he would send me home if we got off work at the same time. He stayed in Bedok and would bother to send me back by train and walk me home from Tampines MRT, before making his way back. On hindsight, quite 感动 actually haha.
The guys would be in black shirt and black pants everyday, my colleague and I would be in a white or blue top everyday with black pants.
AND.
The 4 of us had a free flow of CK One to put on everyday LOL...
That citrusy scent is still one of my favs...I had a whole bunch of samples of the various CK fragrances too...I kept a bunch of those little litmus-paper-like pieces in my bag too....so that my bag would smell nice everyday when I opened it lol...
Ah those young and carefree days...:)
Fun and exciting....:)
No comments:
Post a Comment