Saturday, October 16, 2021

Conversation Between a 6yr-old and an 8yr-old

Alyssa: I don't want to go to gymastics tomorrow. I hate gym, I shouldn't have chosen gym. 

Nadya: (launched into a 5-minute spiel) Well, you still have tonight and part of tomorrow morning to think for yourself and tell yourself that you can do it. You know...you can take this as a challenge and think of how you can push through and handle this challenge. Just don't give up or say you cannot do it. You must say that you can do it so that you can, and then you really can do it! If you find yourself falling into a hole or getting stuck, try not to dig yourself deeper into the hole. But think how you can get out of the hole. Find a solution! ......

And Nadya said a lot more but I couldn't remember the rest of it lol. 

Was kinda surprised she said so much and part of me hoped she would remind herself of these words when she herself starts getting whiny. Heh. 

No comments: