I remind myself quite often these days
When I'm running out of steam or patience
That when the girls ask for me, when they need me or want me to be around
To be there if I can.
For they are only at this age and this stage once in their lives
Once this stage is over, there is no getting it back
If they want any hug or reassurance or listening ear
If they want me to lie in between them while they fall asleep
If they want me to play riddles with them
If Nadya wants me to massage her back
If Alyssa wants to hold my hand or nuzzle me
I will try my best and be there
For I've a feeling that
It will be sooner rather than later
When they start to stop being this way
When they stop wanting to hold my hand
When they stop wanting to snuggle with me during bed time
When they stop asking for hugs and kisses
When this time comes
I don't know how I will feel actually
Because sometimes
I needed that hug more than they needed it
No comments:
Post a Comment