Saturday, June 27, 2009

Day 3 - Fat Bird

22 June 2009
Meetings here and there. Nothing much happened for this day. The only highlight of the day was perhaps the sponsored dinner had in the evening. Or rather, I sould say in the night actually.

Nick’s
It was a sponsored dinner by one of the Asian registries.
We headed to Nick’s over at the Darling Harbour, which is just a 10 minute walk form my hotel. Nick’s is a popular seafood restaurant with loads to offer and a cosily situated by the sea. By the time the 35 of us arrived, it was already 9pm and by the time the dinner ended, it was already 1130pm.

The menu was fixed, but we could still choose between various offerings on that fixed menu. Entrees were between ½ dozen oysters or grilled prawns. Mains were between grilled salmon or barramundi or fillet steak.

I ended up taking the grilled prawns and the grilled barramundi.


The prawns were fantastic. Sweet, succulent, juicy. Yum Yum.

The barramundi fared worse. The fish tasted good enough with the meat being sufficiently juicy and tender and not overcooked. The accompanying mix of veggies turned out to be disappointing though. It was a sour sour mix of artichokes, asparagus, spinach, bellpeppers and I can't remember what else. Totally sour to the tastebuds and well, it definitley did not sit well with me and the others who took the barranmundi as well.

Chips
I have to say this. Chips in Australia are very very nice. We call it fries back home in SG but I think the Western communities generally refer to them as chips.

Lovely chips, probably made from Russett Burbank potatoes…Chunky bits, fragrant and salty enough yum yum. :)

Weather
It was bearable today. At least, it did not rain. But I'm still huddled up in my jacket with my trusty scarf. Hands perpetually tucked into my pockets though.

No comments: