Saturday, June 27, 2009

Home Sweet Home (soon enough)

I have to say. I'm atcually looking forward to going back home to Singapore.
Somehow this trip hasn't been as lovable as my past trips. Perhaps it is also because I left Singapore on a note of reluctance. Quite abit of reluctance actually.

Granny
On the day I left for Sydney. Granny was admitted to hospital. It's not the first time definitely that she's been warded.

But it's the first time ever that the docs have told us to be "prepared for the worst". I've been calling home everyday for updates from Dad. About her wheezing, her pneumonia, her infection, her tainted blood, her weak kidneys, her breathlessness, her pacemaker, her blah blah blah. About how, during her states of forgetfulness or mental "instability", she would pluck out her feeding tube from her nose or her drip plugs from the back of her hand and cause lots of bleeding. About how she fidgets with her catheter.

Hell, the docs have even discussed life support procedures with my family. Dad discussed it with me on Tuesday. About whether we'd put her on life support or not if the time came to it eventually.

On a good note, she's doing slightly better the last 2-3 days. Still very unstable though.

I hope Dad's holding out okay.
Especially when I'm in Sydney, and Adrian's in Korea. Sigh.

K
It's been a tough week for him. And I'm missing him terribly. Nary an hour passes by without my thoughts floating over to him. I'm feeling very bad that I'm not by his side during his down moments. And well, a little frustrated that all I can do is to talk to him over the phone.

Being there on the phone with him is different from being there with him in person.

Sorry baby...But I'm coming home soon, see you tonight...

========
Trip updates will be coming up soon. Apologies for the lack of photos.
You know me. I can be a lazy bum.

No comments: