I gave up my seat on the train to an old lady today. And was standing all the way from tanah merah to city hall….
I was reading a book…but for the most part of the time, I was day dreaming.
I was wishing it were year-end already. When the air is cooler and the general atmosphere is relaxed and cosy. The time of the year when you can smell Christmas in the air and the general festivities happening around you.
The time of the year when the air smells crisp and has an aura of optimism to it. And when you find it humming with positivity and nostalgia. The time of the year when everything slows down and you get a breather and you start to get acquainted with yourself and friends again……
I’m missing those languid days. So much so I feel like taking the rest of the day off, heading home, hiding in my room and relishing the cocoon of space and solitude it provides me.
It’s nice. To be able to imagine. To be able to see virtual images in your mind.
I told K once. If I could, I’d have a fireplace and we would cosy up in front of it, wrapped in blankets and armed with some wine. With jazz music playing in the background or whatever soft music we were comfortable with.
I’m looking forward to November and December. I want to end the year on a nice and good note. With K by my side. My baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment