Friday, August 28, 2009

Morning Musings

I was on the train this morning. Positioned strategically between a Chinese lady and an Eurasian uncle. Both gave me a good enough berth today. I wonder why. But I was glad for the 15cm personal space surrounding me for the entire journey. It is really a rarity during the morning rush hour.

Somewhere in Kallang or Lavender, there was a commotion in the door further from where I stood. Agitation and irritation in the air. Two ladies were having an argument. One was obviously a Chinese lady, possibly in her later 30s or early 40s judging by the sound of her voice. The other was more patient but race and age were indecipherable.

From what was exchanged, one could make apparent that the Chinese lady was pushing the other lady when they were entering the train. First lady perhaps said something to the Chinese lady which got her riled up. And riled up she was. She was on fire. Some excerpts from her rant (which was quite an amusing piece actually):

“What push? Then you walk so slow for what? You cannot see there’s so many people who want to get on the train meh?”

“Then still walk so slow! Then don’t know how to move in somemore. You see you see, there’s still so much space there and don’t know how to move in. So selfish. So SELFISH!”

“You got no eyes to see meh? So selfish! So many people so crowded then still walk so slow! Never push then how to get in??? BLOODY BITCH! Got no brains!!”

“You’re the f*ck!”

I didn’t hear the entire conversation, let alone what the first lady said. But I could tell she was patient and couldn’t be bothered with this mad ranting Chinese lady (who was obviously doing the pushing).

What I was thinking of was her last phrase. “You’re the f*ck!”

Hmm. I felt like correcting her but I am no whiz at this. I’ve always known the f-word as a verb or an adjective. But never as a noun. Hmm.

For example. “It’s f*cking hot today!” Adjective. “He’s f*cking her mind”. Verb.

Interesting to see it used as a noun.

Hmm.

No comments: