Thursday, February 17, 2011

Cereal Mushrooms!

I tried cooking "Cereal Mushrooms" on Monday. It's essentially a dish that is the same as cereal prawns, except that the prawns are now substituted by mushrooms.

I first had this dish in a vegetarian restaurant, Naive, in Katong. It contained big pieces of monkey head mushroom fried together with cereal. For my dish, I used buna shimeiji mushrooms instead. I couldn't find other mushrooms which I felt were suitable haha.

The cereal was nice after the initial frying. I didn't put in curry leaves and fresh chilli because I was lazy to buy them haha. Also, there's no point buying a whole packet when I am just cooking for myself right? But after I mixed the mushrooms in, the cereal turned out a little clumpy in the end. I suspect it was because the mushrooms gave out water and made the dish wetter than it should have been.

Still edible but presentation was a failure haha.

Nevermind, I will try again! Maybe this time with prawns instead haha.

No comments: