I might be labelled as a plant killer soon. :(
Two pots of African violets inherited from a colleague of mine are not doing good at all. They may have been too used to an air-con environment. They started wilting the moment I brought them home. And after the recent heatwave across Singapore, they are wilting even more. I've pruned off the dead leaves last week and yesterday, I discovered there were more discoloured leaves. Jialat...:(
A pot of African violets that I bought myself seems to be doing fine though, since I shifted it into my room. I'm sleeping with the air-con on at night these days and maybe it likes the cooler environment. The pot Ally gave me is doing fine too, especially after I gave it a nice pruning 2 weeks ago.
My fittonias are not doing good. Limp and draggly. Only two pots seem to be going strong with the leaves being deep-coloured and firm with clean and clear vein lines. The other two pots look lacklustre and are nodding off into the soil...:(
Another two indoor plants are doing good so far, growing out roots everywhere and reaching out to the sun.
I've signed up for a half day workshop at the Hort Park on the 3rd of June. It'll be a session on caring for epiphytes, or "air-plants". I'll get my own airplant after the session too. Yay, it's going to be an interesting workshop! Looking forward to it!
No comments:
Post a Comment